Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Excitement



I think, out of all the things we miss about our former home, we miss the experiences that good ol' GR offered our kids. Here, there is no children's museum, or zoo, or butterfly garden, or playgroups, or nature center.
There is lots and lots (and lots) of nature. We can go on long walks, and we can play on the swing set that someone so graciously donated. But there isn't a ton of variety. We're trying to find some creative activities now that it is nicer out.
Here is what we came up with:
Ice cream at the local ice cream place (Homemade ice cream. Really GOOD ice cream!)
Blessing of the Bikes (I'm serious when I say there were HUNDREDS of bikes in our town this weekend, all waiting for Sunday, when they would get blessed by the local priest. Is this funny to you guys?)
The Local Fish Farm (You pay THEM to feed their fish. $1/cup)
and the School Playground (that sports dirty diapers and leftover fast food items, just in case you wanted either, I guess.)

The kids had a riot.
As for K and I, we are learning the art of creative entertainment. I guess that's not a bad thing, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment