Search This Blog

Monday, May 12, 2008

Beads, Buttons....No Luck


I am constantly on the lookout for activities that will build Z's fine motor skills. The kids have squeezed colored water from one glass to another with eye droppers, they've dug through rice to find various shapes and sizes of buttons, and recently they've been doing Perler Beads.
I love that it keeps TWO of my kids distracted for hours. Today, B and S played for almost an hour, placing tiny beads onto the bases and making cool designs.
The problem: Z is not interested in any of these things. He humors me for about five minutes, and he is very officially done. He's off to play by himself until his brother and sister are less distracted by the ridiculously boring activities that mama bought for "them". I know that he doesn't like those types of things, because those types of activities are hard for him, but it seems like the boy could give me more than five minutes!
I guess I am still on the lookout for things that will build Z's fine motor skills.

Edited to add: Unfortunately for Z, he "accidentally" broke S's Perler Bead shape this afternoon, so he spent WAY longer than he would have liked making a new shape to replace the broken one, while S and B played outside. Sometimes his desire to tease comes in quite handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment