Search This Blog

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Cleaning

It was 930am, and the kids had already had breakfast, and they were dressed and ready for the day. The kitchen was cleaned up.

S was swiffering the floor with that spray cleaner kind of thing. I was happily basking in the feeling of calm that occurs when everything is going as expected.

I hear, in my ear, but not yet necesarily in my brain, (you tend to tune out three preschool-aged kids at certain times of the day), a conversation that just doesn't seem to make sense. I thought I heard the words, "juice" and "good", and yet, I'm quite certain we have no such juice in the house.

I turn from the sink to witness S happily spraying "juice" into the boys' cups. One is taking a "sip"; one is saying, "Thanks, S. Mmmmm!"
"STOP!", I yell, "That is NOT juice. That is floor cleaner!*"
And although they tell me it was good, I just don't really believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment