Search This Blog

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Nursery


Last week, B whined and cried and yelled at me the whole time I was teaching the preschool class at "Kid's Klub".
I told him he would need to go to nursery the next time.

He was careful to listen and ask nicely for things all week. He said "please" alot.
He informed me that he was behaving. As in "Mama, I am being hayve."
Always followed by, "So I don't have to be in nursery at church."

Since I knew he remembered, I had to follow through.

One week later, when the other kids went to class, B kicked and screamed as I pulled him to nursery and quickly slid out of the inward-locking nursery door.

I felt so bad.

But I was glad that he would learn about consequences.

After class, I went to get him, waiting to hear all kinds of "I'm sorry" and "I want to come to class next time".

Instead, the boy was beaming:

"We played out on the playground. I got to eat a Twinkie!"

S was suddenly sobbing, "I want to go to nursery next time, Mama! I don't want to go to class!"

No comments:

Post a Comment