Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Choking Hazard

Our church joined with another church to do Wednesday Night "Kid's Klub".
The preschool group heard about the son who ran away, ate pig slop, and wasted all his money. He then came back to say he was sorry. The only interesting part for kids is the pig slop and the party that was thrown at his return.

I decided we should have our own little party, so I bought gift bags for each kid.

I filled it with (make sure you read this, because there will be a quiz at the end. Seriously):
2-3 Tootsie Rolls
2 Animal Capsules (the little pill-shaped things that turn into big animals when you put them in water.
1 box of Candy Dots
2 Suckers
1 Cars Marker and Stamper

Here is your quiz:
What is wrong with the list of above objects? Anyone?

Here is one of those instances when I think I need Ritalin or I wonder if I am slightly mentally-impaired....

We are getting out of the car, and K holds the two "pills" (aka animal capsules) in his hand, and says, "If you take the red one, you see how far this rabbit hole really goes....If you take the blue one, you will wake up and it will be like nothing ever happened." (a quote from his favorite movie, The Matrix)

That made us think, "Shit! I just put two, small, swallowable capsules into a bag filled with mostly candy. How many kids are going to think that those "pills" are candy, swallow them, and grow a sponge animal in their stomachs?"

And then we said shit again.

I ended up calling all of the preschool parents to say, "Um, yeah...so your kid's teacher is a little mentally deficient, but um....just wanted to warn you about the choking hazards I gave to your kid tonight. Ok, um, bye. Thanks."

So, did ALL Of you catch the problem? Am I the only one that does stupid crap like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment