Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Clothes and Drawings




Z informed me that "turkeyflage" is much more practical than "camel-flage', because "we don't really shoot camels around here! Who cares if camels can see us or not!?"
--------------------------------
B has been drawing like crazy. Not that long ago, he asked me how to draw a dalmatian.

I showed him. An oval for a head, then a big, black nose, two dots for eyes, and some little, black ears. He watched me, and made one similar. It was one of the first drawings he's done that actually looks like the thing he was copying. I was proud. I had him sign it, and I dated it and hung it up.

My sister came over, and said, "B, nice picture!"

"My mom made that," he said.

And no matter how much I tried to tell her that I wasn't guilty, she still looked pretty unconvinced in the end.

I threw it away, and I quickly decided that he no longer can copy my drawings.

Only originals from now on, baby!
-------------------------------
S asked if she was big enough to pick out her own clothes, "because the boys always do", and I was thinking, "Yup, but they only have cachis and jeans...you can't really screw that up!" Finally, she won me over, and I thought, "Oh well. She can't screw up TOO bad. She really only has SOME jeans with colors and stuff on them...maybe she won't pick those..."
I was right. She didn't pick those flowery jeans. She picked a skirt. And tights. Huh.

Good try, sunshine! We might wait awhile to try the independent dressing thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment