Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Water


Our trip to GWL was better than I expected. The room was HUGE, and the kids had their own little room/log cabin entirely. And their own TV. I never knew what a blessing that could be. Woohoo! We weren't stuck watching Dora when we really wanted to watch 24.

The waterpark was completely age-appropriate for them. When I called before-hand, the receptionist said our kids wouldn't be able to go on some of the bigger slides, so I was picturing these wimpy baby slides for them while K and I took turns on the big ones.

When we got there, the kids could actually go on almost everything by themselves, including two really long slides, and K and I could take them with us on the three really big inner-tube slides.

I literally had to carry a clinging, crying S up a ROPE LADDER (imagine that, will ya?) and shove her terrified, shaking body down the long slides the first time (before the attendant noticed and told me to stop), because I knew she would like it if she would only just try it.

"Like it" ended up being an understatement. The girl spent most of her day in a constant cycle; going up and down those two yellow and red slides, over and over again. They actually ended up being her favorite thing of the day.

Ahhh, what a little "mom pressure" can do...

There was also a regular swimming pool, a gigantic shallow pool (that I sat in with M alot), and a hot tub.

We stayed for 10 hours the 2nd day.

We'll go back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment