Search This Blog

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas Money


We are going to the Great Wolf Lodge! A indoor water park and hotel. The hotel offers "a Kid Cabin suite sleeping area with a bunk bed, a day bed and their own TV. In the main portion of the suite the adults have a queen bed, and a corner gas fireplace." Woohoo!

My Grandma gives us money every Christmas, and usually I throw it into our bank account, and end up using it for groceries or gas or something. But THIS year, B saw her give me the envelope, as she said, "Merry Christmas to your kids!"

He asked, "What did Mooka (Grandma) give to you?"

"Money for Christmas", I said.

"What will we DO with that money?", B said.

And I realized that this is the first year that we would actually have to devote that money towards something fun for the kids. I'm sure my Grandma would be glad, as she probably didn't know that her Christmas money went towards tampons, milk, and wheat bread.

So we decided that we should spend it on something that we could do as a family.

Thus, the Great Wolf Lodge...

(Hey, Auntie Ange, this would be a good time for you to come visit us. At least we would be out of the cold winter wonderland for one night!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment