Search This Blog

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cups and Snow

Recently, our kids have noticed that their dishes come in a rainbow of colors.
They started asking for specific colors.
I was ok with that.
They began demanding specific colors, and I reminded them to ask nicely.
I was ok with that.
Lately, they have been fighting about a favorite color.
I wasn't ok with that. The new rule goes like this: "If you ask for a color, you WILL get a different color than the one you asked for."
Today, when I was scooping oatmeal, B said, "Mama, I want the.....oops. I won't ask you for a color."
I knew he wanted pink, so just to drive the point home, I gave him the pink bowl.
Z said, "Mama, I want green!"
I gave him the orange.
He smiled sweetly, and said, "I asked for the green bowl, because I wanted you to give me the orange."
----------------------------------
Today, we went outside to play.
You'd think, on a day like today, with 12 inches of snow, I would get a break from having to push kids on the swing, right?
Nope.
I shoveled a path to the swing set and then dug out another pile under each swing.
Who does that? I guess moms who are tired of dragging their kids (and sleds) up the extremely steep hill that the "Plow Guy" made just so they can take two seconds to slide back down again.




No comments:

Post a Comment