Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Baby # Five

The story goes like this:
Mid-Novemberish: K and I tried TWO TIMES to get pregnant. Trying means we didn't try not to.

A couple weeks later: I got my period, and then I felt a great sense of relief, because "What WERE we doing? What if we have multiples again! (No, we weren't on Clomid this time, but still, anything is possible, right?) We can't afford multiples! We don't have room! We better not try anymore, until our kids are alot older, just in case."

Two MONTHS later: The Day after New Years, I started feeling sick. The kind of "this broccoli dip that I loved yesterday? I hate it today" kind of sick. I thought maybe I drank too much wine at my mom's on New Years day, even though it was only a glass and a half.
When I still felt sick the next day, I supposed I was getting the flu.
And then I was tired. So, yup, the flu was surely coming.
For two weeks, I wondered why I felt like crap. It really didn't register until EVERYTHING at the grocery store made me want to puke. Cheese, meat, jelly, milk, coffee...jelly beans, everything.

So I took a pregnancy test, fully expecting it to be negative. "Of course I wasn't pregnant. I had had my period the month after K and I tried our luck at baby-making."

It was positive.

So, baby # five is 12 weeks old, and on his/her happy way to....hmmm, I guess I'm not sure, growing fingernails, maybe?

K and I are exited, now that we know it is ONE baby, although my anxiety about all the things that could go wrong sometimes outweighs my excitement. I guess my last pregnancy taught me that baby-growing doesn't always go how you expect it to. I might be better at my 20 week ultrasound. But until then, you can all be excited FOR me!

No comments:

Post a Comment