Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2007

Random Thoughts from Random Kids


Z's Strange Preferences:
1. As we were driving past a cemetery, he exclaims, "Mama, I LOVE gravestones! They are bee-u-tee-full!"

2. While getting his dirty diaper changed, (Yes, he is back in diaps), "Let me SEE the poop, mom!" (I show him.) "Aw, cute, isn't it, mama?!"

S's Ponderings
1. While watching me get dressed, S points and asks, "Mama, is THAT and THAT your tummy?" ("Nope, and I really hope they aren't THAT hangy?")

I guess I shouldn't have expected better after using that sadistic breast pump for ten months!

2. While reciting her first verse, S states, "God made Evan (her cousin) and the earth!"

3. Looking adoringly at K, "Oh, Papa, you are my cute, little, girl!"

B's Musings
1. After whacking Z in the face, REALLY hard, B looked at me, and said, "But I didn't TRY to do that!" (Sure, B. Sure.)

2. To illustrate how things have to be just-so for our dear boy, consider this situation:
His Winnie the Pooh book says "A dog says Bow Wow!" B starts to cry. (Seriously.) He yells, "NO! A dog DOESN'T say Bow Wow! A dog says Woof-Woof!"
Tending to his toddler OCD, I soothe, "I think that little dogs say Bow Wow, and big dogs say Woof-Woof."
Now, EVERY.SINGLE.TIME that book is read, B needs to insert, "Little dogs say Bow Wow. Big dogs say Woof-Woof!" And he is satisfied and content with the predictable order in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment