Search This Blog

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Anger and Sex Ed




S has amazing anger control for a 3-year-old. She will ask for something 9000 times without raising her voice or kicking or crying at all. Today, it went like this: I was helping B pour his cereal and milk, and S wanted me to help her into her booster chair. "Mom, can you help me? Mom? Can you help me? Mom? Can you help me, can you help me, help me, please?" (repeat 10 times)
"Hold on, S. I am helping B."
"Help, please, mom. Help? Please? Mom?" (still calm, cool, and collected)
I finally help S get settled in her chair.
"Thanks, Mom. I was just mad a little bit."
(Stifling a laugh), "You were?"
"Yup, I was mad at you a little bit." (almost monotone)
Wow. She didn't learn anger management from me, I don't think.


-------------------

S has also been singing her own version of the alphabet. Lyrics of this version follow: "A-B-C-D-STD...."
Experts warn you about waiting too long before teaching the dangers of premarital sex. You'd think we worked it right into our kids' first songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment