Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

Hacking and Puking



After four nights of continuous (I'm not kidding, I mean it, NON-stop) coughing, crusty, lime-green snot, and fevers, I was starting to think maybe my kids should visit the doctor. Last night was the decider, when S started gagging and puking on the basketball-sized snot balls she was coughing up.
And I was starting to get a headache from the barracuda screams that have been protruding from Z's mouth. (He does those screams, at fire engine volume, when he feels like crap.)

B told Dr S that he was not sick, "Z and S are sick. See them." and then he wrapped himself to my leg like Saran Wrap. After prying him off, I placed the two snotty kids on the exam table, and waited for her diagnosis.

"S has an infection, and her lungs sound horrible, and way to wait till it reached her lungs to come in." said the doc. Then she continued with "Z's left ear has a nasty infection too. Good job, buddy. Both of them need antibiotics."

B concluded with, "I am NOT sick. Z and S are sick. I need a sticker."


Now the kids are sleeping, and I am looking forward to better days in the near-future. 24 hours for an antibiotic to kick in, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment