Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

Patch



We took a trip to the ophthalmologist the other day.

Apparently, all three kids have the exact same issues. And the issues were explained in technical language that I didn't really understand.

Something about a blind spot. And not 20/20.

I listened to the parts I needed to listen to. Specifically, what my responsibility was in helping my kids.

My job in this eye thing is to patch.

All three kids have to wear a patch for one hour per day. On alternating eyes.

When I was little, I had to patch. But I had to wear the thing ALL DAY LONG. Every day.

To school, to church, to the store. I hated it. As I mentioned once before, my mom tried to make it better by drawing a realistic-looking eye on the flesh-covered cover.

It looked horrible. I probably scared little kids.

Maybe even big, burly men.

So, today, we started the patching process with our kids.

And their patches are much less frightening, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment