Search This Blog

Monday, February 12, 2007

Trip



I feel like I should talk about my trip to Ireland and Scotland. I'm just not sure how to describe it in words that will matter to you. Tourism never sounds as good on paper. And besides, I always care more about hanging around with the people I'm with than actually visiting certain tourist attractions, but I'll try with a few sentences. Note: I couldn't get the pics to line up with my comments, so you'll just have to guess what pics are illustrating what. Hint: the pic of Stevie holding the wine on his shoulder would go with the comment stating "Scottish people are good at balancing wine on their shoulder", and so on. :)

1. Ireland and Scotland have sinks with both Hot and Cold faucets. I couldn't figure out how to wash without scalding myself every time...unless I opted for the Cold, which I never learned to do.
2. Both countries hang dry their clothes WAY more than we ever do. Some (maybe most?) people don't have dryers at all.
3. We ate fish and chips with malt vinegar and fried pizza.
4. Every house you go to offers you tea and biscuits (which are really candy bars with a healthier name), and their chocolate is better.
4. We went to a cute village called Perth and to a big, ol' natural amazement called the Giant's Causeway.

5. I talked and talked (and chatted and discussed and "blethered") all day every day for 10 days straight (and most nights till 2ish am).
6. I cried alot. It is amazing to me to find people across the world who can share such similar experiences as ourselves. Amazing and really emotional. The results of such a find? Sobbing cries and hard laughter in a short matter of minutes. Maybe that was because of the Scottish wine; I don't know.


7. Scottish people are good at balancing wine on their shoulders!

8. Scottish people are better at cutting hair. :)
9. Scottish people have really, really beautiful kids.

I am thankful for this trip. It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment