Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More Wise Words from Z


If you click on this picture, you can better see the really obnoxious bells that Z insists he have velcroed to his ankles lately.


We were playing a dinner-time game. We call it "What is..." I say, "What is something you eat that is yellow?" They answer "A bamama!" (They still can't get that word right.) I say, "What is big, brown, and round?"

A silent pause, and then Z shouts out the answer:

"You are, mama!", (pride-filled smile on his face for getting it "right".) My intended answer was the table, but...hey.

I must've eaten too many biscuits in the UK.

---------------------------

People tell me that I have my own accent. I say "cue" instead of "cute", and "boo" instead of "boot". In general, I drop the t on words that end in t. Keep that in mind in the following conversation:
"Z, do you want mea(t) plain or on a sandwich?"
Z, with a very confused look, answered, "Um, I want you on a sandwich, mama?"

---------------------------

Our kids received a book (and an audio tape of the book) from our dear Scottish friend, Gilly. The book is read with a Scottish accent.
Today, I heard Z saying, "Nobody loves me at all." in a wee Scottish accent, just like the "grim and dark" fox in the book. This is probably only cute if you can hear it. Maybe I can tape it. How does a three-year-old imitate the Scottish accent better than his mom?
Granted, I suck, and most Scottish people would say I sound like I am from India.

----------------------------

While watching mama frying eggs, Z asks "What we eatin', mama?"
Me, a little annoyed at the questions he knows the answer to, "Honey, we are eating eggs. Can you see the egg container there?"
"Oh, there's 'sposed to be chickens in there! We eatin' chicken?"

I guess he didn't know the answer to that one. woops.

No comments:

Post a Comment