Search This Blog

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hats and Treats


Today, Z flung his hat off onto the snowy ground. I quickly returned it to his bare head, and said, "You need to wear a hat. Grandma will have a hairy conniption."
"Oh." said Z.

Ten minutes later, on the way to G'ma's.
"Mama? What's a hair conniption?"

I think it's amazing he even remembered those words, let alone that he was probably reviewing his memory bank to see if he had those words in there before finally asking their definition. I am too lazy to think like that. I would've googled it long before ten minutes was up.
_______________________

We are potty-training, as you know.
Me: "Do you know why you aren't getting a treat, S? It is because you weren't dry. You need to stay dry to get a treat."
S: (feeling her dry arm), "I AM dry, mama!"
________________________

Me: "S, you didn't get a treat, because you weren't dry."
S: (chewing candy that she begged off of Z), "Mama, I got candy, and I didn't go on the potty."
I kind of felt like shaking the candy out of her at this point.
But I know....never, never, never shake a baby (toddler, little girl, daughter)!
________________________

S: (after finally getting a treat), "Mama! I picked the wrong one! Can I have another one? This one is yucky! I need another one!" (I didn't let her pick another one, but by the next time, she picked the same kind again and was happy with how it tasted. hmmm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment