Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dangerous Minds (or curious but not smart enough yet)



Our kids are smarter this year and more physically able to do things. Yet, they are also still too dumb to know when they are putting themselves in danger.
For instance, I let them out on the back deck, thinking, "Oh good, this year the kids won't be able to squeeze their tiny heads through the railings. They won't be able to fling themselves to their death below." So, I am happily lounging on the couch while the kids play outside, when I hear a chair being pushed across the deck. B is STANDING on the chair, which is now right next to the railing. He most definitely could have flung himself over just in time for his mama to witness. (He didn't. I came to the rescue, but still....)
Then, B and Z opened the window on the other side of the deck that faces our neighbor's yard (and Max, the dog) and leaned their upper halves out to get a better view. Almost died.
B and Z ALSO (notice no girl doing these crazy things?) managed to open the deck latch on the front of the house and went to "see Jin's cuck", which was parked ON THE ROAD. Yup, they were playing on the street when we found them.

SO, I think my nerves will be frazzled by the end of the summer and I might have all grey hair. Don't say anything about my new wrinkles and shaky hands. I'll be fine.

And quit thinking THAT. I really AM watching my kids. Sometimes, I am right there. But they are mastermind sneaky kids. They are good at what they do. They are genious at getting into trouble. I claim no responsibility.

________________

Small confession:

I may have dramatized some of this so that you understand what my imagination TELLS me would happen every time I find my kids in a compromising situation. Really? I was outside BEFORE B tried to stand on the chair to fling himself to his death. Also, I was right there when B and Z opened the deck window (and I was holding their feet so that they couldn't hang out). AND, B and Z were only on the SIDE of the road when we found them, and they were only there for a few seconds.

You wouldn't have gotten the full effect of my frazzled nerves if I would have been COMPLETELY honest, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment