Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We are All Still Home


I'm a home school mom now.

I haven't changed my wardrobe just yet, but you wait...

The next time I plan a shopping trip to the mall, I'm all over that long denim skirt.

And I'm growing out my hair. All one length. And long. Probably to my waist. Or if I get really motivated, I'll grow it until I can sit on it.

We really might have tried public education. We aren't against it at all.

It's just that the kids in this area are calling their teacher a "bitch" and a "slut" before they are even to the ripe old age of five. And they are already discussing who they will date next.

I know. Because I witnessed it in my kids' preschool last year.

And the teachers I talked to said that it would be lucky if the kids learn anything at all, because the teachers spend so much time just trying to keep order.

I still might have given the local school a chance if the principal didn't wreak of politician-ism. K said, "I know your reading program has not had a very good reputation. What have you done to improve that reputation?"

And the guy didn't answer. He just ripped on every other school within 100 miles, and said, (but didn't give any facts to prove it), "Our reading program far outweighs [insert any school name you can think of]."

So, here we are, on our third week of homeschooling.

To date, we are all still intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment