Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Forgot


I forgot how thankful I need to be:
Z went to the eye doctor on Tuesday. He was asked to identify lots of colors and images. Doc then checked Z's eyes with his handy-dandy flashlight helmet-thing, and informed, "I see brain injury. (Did you know you can see brain injury through the eyeball?!) He must have had a hemorrhage."
"Grade three", the nurse answered him.
"I thought it must have been a large one."
And then to Z, "You are one smart cookie! Do you know that? You are one lucky little boy!"
And then to me, "I really don't know how his eye sight is as good as it is. I can see damage that should be affecting his vision. He is one lucky kid."
As all of those neonatal memories came rushing back, I got all teary-eyed, and smiled, "Yup, he is."

And I remembered that the small limp he received as a result of his hemorrhage is really not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment