Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cats

DREAM:
S was crying suddenly. Her brothers weren't even around to blame. She was standing at the entrance to her room, looking in.
And crying.
"Mom, why didn't you save me!?" she sobbed.
"From what?"
"From the cat that was peering (she really did say peering) in my window! He was mean!"
Apparantely, if I understand the whole picture, S opened her eyes last night, and at first she "just saw the door with the light by it." But on second glance, she noticed a cat peering into her window. She quickly shut her eyes tight only to have the cat snatch her up and carry her out of her bedroom. Although the cat didn't DO anything to her, it was decidedly "very mean". She knew of its evil intentions because of its "tiny knees and tiny eyes!" Also, the cat was clear. It had no color at all.
Thankfully, the cat did eventually place her safely back in bed, but she is terrified now that he will return.

REAL LIFE:
S couldn't pee last night before she went to bed, so I tried to have her go at around 1030pm. She opened her eyes while I was walking to the bathroom with her, but then never opened them again the whole time I was with her. She sat, eyes closed, sleeping (what looked like peacefully) on the toilet. I gave up and returned her to her bed.

I guess, instead of waking completely or being totally asleep, S just mistook me for a kidnapping cat with tiny knees and tiny eyes. A clear, mean cat, no less.

Geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment