Search This Blog

Monday, October 02, 2006

Helping



B will NOT poop on the potty. He stays dry. He will not poop. Except in his pants, where he then informs me of his mishap by saying calmly and clearly, "Mom... (sing-song) I pooped (also sing-song). Clean me."

Someone told me to just let him run around free-sailin'.

Since he knows how to pee on the potty, he probably wouldn't pee on the carpet, and hopefully, he wouldn't want to just poop on the floor....
The goal is that he would tell me he had to poop, and I could casually respond, "Why don't we try the potty?" He poops once on the potty, and "Wallah!" Problem solved.

I tried this what-seemed-to-be-expert advice. He stayed dry all day. He didn't poop on the carpet (like I feared he might). We decided to eat outside.
B went around the corner of our house, came back calmly and said (sing-song, again, of course) "Mom....clean me."
I walked over to the side of the house to find a brownish log on our deck. S and Z were squatted around it, amused. Entertained. Proud of their brother.

And so, in the end, my bare-butted boy managed to foil my potty-training plan again!


Sis wanted to try the potty. She sat. And sat. And sat and sat.

She didn't go.

Finally, after deciding she was done, S ran to the kitchen to find her brothers. Two seconds later, I heard "Maaaama...I peed on the floor!"

I walked over to clean it up (luckily, it was one of the only places in our house that is not carpeted), and found Z "cleaning it up with his toothbrush". B's toothbrush was in his mouth, and I hoped like heck that he had not tried to clean up the mess as well.

"I cleaned it already, mom!," Z chimed.

"Thanks, buddy. You sure are a big helper!," I mumbled in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment