Search This Blog

Friday, August 04, 2006

Am I a Bad Friend?




I just want to confess...yesterday, I was in the van with a friend's kids, and they were fighting. These friends are 99% perfect whenever they come over. They generally do not fight, cry, whine, stomp their feet, scream, or kick at each other. (Do you even have to ASK where I thought of the verbs I listed here?!) I started to wonder if they were robokids. But, they FOUGHT today. One pointed outside and said, "Bus". The other said, "No, truck!"
"Bus!"
"Truck!"
"BUUUUUSSSS!!"

And then.....

"Up"
"No, down!"
"NO!!!! UP!"

And I was secretly smiling in the front seat....glad that these "perfect" kids were looking a little more like the kids that we are raising.

I am not, in any way, trying to say that our kids are "bad" kids or unusually naughty. I would say they are generally pretty good....with a few "normal" fights thrown in here and there. It was more that I thought this particular friend's kids were unusually good kids. (They still are good....just a little bit closer to the normal I know.) And I am secretly (not so secretly anymore) happy about this small discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment