Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Trade


So, as I was saying....

Basil arrived home with a penny and much, much more.

We were still in the van, driving through the endless trees to our home, when I heard Z say, "YUM! This is the best cookie ever!" (They weren't. They were dry and stale-looking.)

I said to K, "Wow! B just SHARED!!! Can you imagine!? He SHARED! Without us even suggesting it. Amazing. We should encourage him. This might be a first! We should give him a quarter to reinforce kind behavior!" (Really. I am not exaggerating. The kid doesn't naturally share. Ever.)

And then........

And then, I heard B say, (in a little-kid evil villain voice) "Yes! All the toys in our room are mine. All mine!"

I turned in my seat, and said, "Um, what was that, dear sharing son of mine?"

"Z said if I gave him a bite of my cookie, he would give me all the toys in our room. Even his [cherished] zoo keeper."

E'hem.

So much for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment