Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Flowery Sheets


When our kids were 3 1/2, we moved them to big kid beds.

We rolled up blankets along the side of the bed, so they wouldn't fall out. We bought them new comforters and sheets to match. We made it a big deal. I was awake all night, wondering if they were okay.

Yesterday, I bought a mattress for M. We put up his bed at about 10 at night, and we threw him in it that very night. No party. No new blanket or sheet set. He's using an old flowered sheet of mine. Not even a new pillow.

He slept fine, a little to my amazement. He woke up at 8 o' clock, climbed out of bed, walked down the hall to our room, and announced the new day with a "Hi!"

Later, he dragged me to his room to show me his bed. "Beh", he pronounced, as he climbed in over the railing. He thinks he's big. "Me", he said, meaning "mine".

Poor kid. He's happy. He doesn't know he's the 2nd-hand-no-frills-baby-of-the-world yet. I wonder when he'll start protesting the pink bedroom walls and the flowery sheets...

No comments:

Post a Comment