Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grandma



Today, I brought M to school with me. His first class! He was completely silent during the entire 2 1/2 hours, except one, tiny baby sneeze.
While I was waiting for class to start, a girl whom I would have assumed was close to my age, exclaimed (for at least three people to hear), "Oh, he is so cute! Is he your grand baby!?" I would insert a few colorful choice words right now, but I think that too many people from church read this, so I will just say that that question was REALLY upsetting for me. When people look at me, their first assumption is that I am the GRANDMA?! Did my few years of smoking and not-too-hard partying really age me that much? I am not even an obsessive tanner.

Sheesh.

So.

That's me today...constantly looking in the mirror to note the wrinkles around my eyes and my slightly sagging skin.

Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment