Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2007

Perfectionism, Papa, Cheesecake and Winter Fashion


S is starting to realize that I have a perfectionistic side.

She made her bed today.

I remade her bed.

Hands on her hips, she glared at me, and asked, "What are you doing? I made that bed already? It wasn't good?" And I tried to say something about how I was looking for something under her blankets, and then remembered that "How to Behave So Your Preschooler Will Too" says that we need to set an example of honesty for our kids, even in the little things, so I stopped mid-sentence, and just looked dead-guilty. She shook her head at me and walked out. (Side note: Why is she shaking her head at me?! She's THREE!)

Then, I asked her to pick out some clothes. She came out in this lovely attire, and when I laughed and asked her to change, she said, "How come I can't wear this?" (Geez mom, you are so picky!)
________________









I made cheesecake for tomorrow's Christmas get-together, and B set up "house" in the cupboard where my baking stuff usually resides. He was in there for most of the morning.
________________






Keith is home today. It may be the first Christmas Eve he's had off since we've been married.
Whenever K is home, I am totally off the hook. My kids want nothing to do with me. Who would want me when their Papa lets them hang all over him like monkeys all day? Even when asked, I just can't bring myself to wrestle...I can't. I'm not good at it. I don't like flinging my kids around and acting wounded and yelling, "Pow! Pow!" I leave that up to K. I would much rather read Christmas stories, play with playdough, set up their train track, or color. You know, quiet things. I'm glad they have their Papa.
__________________

Also, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment