Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Away

Yesterday, S said she wanted to start wearing undies. I agreed. It was time. For the FIFTH time. It was definitely time.
She sat on the potty every hour (that makes 12 times in a day) all day. She peed in her pants 12 times, and she peed in the potty 0 times. When I tell her she needs to go in the potty and not in her pants, she says, "Ooooooh!" (like it is a new revelation every time.)

Last night, she stayed dry all night, so I put her on the potty, excited that she would surely have to go.

She would finally experience peeing in the potty!

She sat, from 830am-1015am, and sat, and sat on the potty. We read. She ate breakfast. We watched Elmo.

She did not go.

I finally told her she should try again later. She walked down the hall about ten feet, and peed on the floor.

------------------------------

Z is back in diapers, because he pees on the floor or in his pants every time he goes to time-out.

He goes to time-out alot.

Actually, he finally just woke up from a nap that started as a time-out at noon today. Now it is 230pm.

They were eating lunch. He pretended to do a long throw with his fish stick. I reminded him that if he threw it, he would be finished with lunch.

He threw, not only the fishstick, but his whole plate of banana, a pile of ketchup, and three more fishsticks.

I put him in his bed, and asked if he knew why he was in his bed. "Because I don't like fishsticks." I shut off the light, and left.

He fell asleep.

I cried. And called my sister.

She just left with Z.

My other sister just picked up B and S.

They are staying over night there.

I feel like a crap mom.

People have to come and take my kids? I wondered if they were thinking I might beat them. Or put them in time-out for the rest of the day? Yell too loud? They say it is because they have had three-year-olds before, and they know what it is like.....'cept they didn't have three at once.

That was nice for them to do. Really it was. I am glad. They are nice. But no matter what their explanation is....I still feel like a crap mom.


Oh well. I guess I can go get some errands done in peace.

(Edited to say: the rest of the week was WAY better. You can't even imagine what one day away from bratty kids does for a person. Nice family.)

No comments:

Post a Comment